Garlic and Herb Roasted Potatoes
- 1.3 kg baby potatoes halved
- 4 tbsp olive oil enough to coat the potatoes
- 6 cloves garlic
- 3 tbsp fresh rosemary leaves chopped
- 3 tbsp fresh thyme leaves chopped
- 1 sea salt
- 1 fresh ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to gas mark 8
Halve potatoes and place on a cookie sheet. Combine with cracked cloves of garlic. Coat potatoes and garlic with extra-virgin oil and season with rosemary, thyme, salt and pepper.
Place potatoes on centre rack of oven and roast 20 minutes, until just tender.
This is best with baby potatoes, and is great with a mixture of red and white skinned varieties to add colour to the plate. There is no need to skin the potatoes (this only loses nutritional value).